When I was “commissioned” to make three mermaid tail blankets for some friends’ daughters, I thought I would have had them completed by summertime.
Fast forward to November 8, and I have finished just one and am rounding the bend on the second. It isn’t that they’re very difficult to make, but that I worked on completing other projects before even thinking of starting on them. Then a whole bunch of stressful stuff happened in my family life between June and September (almost no crocheting took place), and then the ticking clock prompted me to get cracking. These are intended as Christmas gifts, so it’s definitely go time.
To that end, I figured a good way to keep me accountable would be to post my progress as I went along.
I definitely plan to take better photos when all is said and done, so bear with me with the phone pics!
The first one I finished is for the youngest daughter in peacock blue with a multi-colored fin:
The second one I’m working on for the oldest girl is in a hot pink color (Hot Rose from Hobby Lobby’s “I Love This Yarn”) and it will have a Peacock Metallic fin.
I’ve actually begun the fin, just don’t have an updated photo, since I would prefer to post it when it’s completed.
Only one more tail to finish after the hot pink one (in purple!) — goal is to finish all by the end of the month.
More progress to come!
Edit as of November 14: mermaid tail #2 is complete! On to number three!
As of December 6, 2016, these babies are in the can! Woo!